Sunday, February 22, 2004

Liberal News Sampling

From Nader to the Nation. For those of you who don't know, The Nation wrote an open letter to Nader telling him not to run. His response is inflammatory though well-worded. I agree with him, and I'd still vote for him. The issue is partly the press. The press has to rally up the lefts to get them behind a true left rather than Kerry, namely by tearing the Democratic party to shreds with their moderatism and stagnancy. Though, poor Nader, if Bush wins again, and by the Florida margin in some other state...he'll be hurting in the history books.

A report on my opportunism from the Nation. First paragraph, third sentence: "The nation's "Big Three" weapons makers--Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Northrop Grumman--are cashing in on the Bush policies of regime change abroad and surveillance at home." Now, I'm against the war, but I applied to all three of these companies. So...GO WAR!!! GIVE ME A JOB!!!

I'm also running banned software, legally bought. Salon reports that 321 Studios, who makes DVD X, has been halted with its making and distribution of the software which I use.

But, my favorite, more from salon, everybody's favorite robot, The Guvernator, has said about gay marriage: "In San Francisco it is license for marriage of same sex. Maybe the next thing is another city that hands out licenses for assault weapons and someone else hands out licenses for selling drugs, I mean you can't do that." So...

Gay love = violence = drug use. Well, it is Gay Hell, according to Rufus Wainwright. :-P

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Search Popdex: