Saturday, February 07, 2004

Fraternizing with the Enemy

Today, D and L were going to a Bush/Cheney rally kick-off, and took me along. It was a rally for volunteers, so Bush and Cheney were not there. Candice Miller is a bitch. The only good speaker was the last (probably key) speaker of the rally, who was a retired black republican senator from OK. He was somewhat rallying up the troops and spoke in more even and rational tones than the rest. There were a few points I eve agreed with him on. HOWEVER, the rally was psychotic, reminding me of a Southern Babtist mass, especially since there was this blond girl who kept muttering/calling out "Yup" "That's right" "MM-Hmm" and other such stupid sheep agreements. The other thing that pissed me off was the tones of religion that happened, with a preacher leading the group in Christian prayer before the rally and a few mentions of it, especially in regard to marriage (or anti-gay marriage). But, I can imagine this was exactly what the democrats do as well. Where's my atheist third-party candidate?

I was bad this weekend, so I got whipped with a flogger of roses (blogger flogger) at Diamond Jim's, and will be heading to Hellbound for some kinky abuse tonight. ;-) Play fun kiddies.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Search Popdex: