Monday, April 05, 2004

A Smattering of News

Television + infants = Bad. So, yet another group has released a study saying that for every hour of television a preschooler watches per day, their chance of ADD is increased by 10%. I remember reading somewhere (it is now buried under many links for the new story) where a study showed a weird form of misdiagnosed ADD. The kids would be able to concentrate for 12 or 15 minutes at a time. They found out it was around the time that Sesame Street had between commercials. So, sadly, I agree. Television is a bad influence on babies.

Polls have been popular with the conservatives who like Bush, saying that his approval rating is up. But, Pew Research's latest Bush poll says people don't approve. His ratings are slipping. I still lament for a country where we're stuck between a rock and a hard place (Bush and Kerry).

And, in opinions, I don't know why I occasionally read Front Page when the ultra-conservative tripe which they churn out eclipses most of the ultra-liberal tripe I read. Take, for instance, this line: homosexual rights, women's liberation, and assorted other faddish causes. Hrm. Out of context it is reduced to conservative brain-washing. In context, Later Political Correctness Haggadahs were devoted to homosexual rights, women's liberation, and assorted other faddish causes, not least of which was Palestinian "liberation" probably makes no different of a context.

I'm going to run for President when I get old.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Search Popdex: