Friday, March 21, 2003

Right now we are bombing Kuwait City. Many people are nervous and worried, especially about retaliation. Many people are nervous and worried for the dead people over there. Many people don't like it.

I feel that it is sad, wrong, and can feel the general atmosphere of wartime fear creeping over the nation yet again. I haven't felt it since Gulf War. This may be me projecting onto society as a whole though. There is some sort of unmentionable tension in the air though. Luckily with wartime comes good satire. Also, I may get a job now.

There is always that silver lining, small as it may be, that surrounds a cloud for some people. You just have to find it. No matter how negative it really is.

Oscars is closing down the red carpet section on Sunday, though everything else will be going off. Bad movie night will be present to take our worried sober minds off these things by drunkenly mocking horrible things that never existed.

And, I have some uncontrollable urge to watch Apocolypse Now.

Maybe that could be next week's movie night, maybe I'll have it on a Wednesday. War movies: Full Metal Jacket, Apoc Now, and Dr. Strangelove. The parallels to the last one are phenomenal. Maybe I'll get Three Kings instead of one of those three, since I still haven't seen it.

War is so cool. It puts people on edge, and it makes people nervous. Who wants to make a tasteless joke short film with me? We'll throw oranges at the federal building, and call ourselves orange level terrorists. Or we'll attack people with box cutters and vials of germs. Would people be disgusted? Would they be too scared to laugh? Would the take it seriously? Would it be too blunt? Hrm.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Search Popdex: