Sunday, September 19, 2004

Gays unite

I am so glad that the Christians are biting off their own leg, sometimes. The latest is everybody's second favorite homophobe, Jimmy Swaggert, calling for murder of gays. To be fair, he said that we need salvation, but he'd rather kill us first.


"Creepy televangelist and prostitute lover Jimmy Swaggart said in a televised broadcast that "I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died." (link to the video)

Yes, murder and decieving God is the good ol' Christian way, isn't it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On a much more entertaining note, one guy from NYC has decided to fight back against homophobic subway preachers with showtunes!

excerpt:

Preacher Lady 2: “I got freedom of speech! And GOD TELLS ME THAT THE GAY DEVILS ARE CONTROLLING NEW YORK.”
Me: (standing up) “If you do not cease and desist fouling the air with homophobia, I must sing…SHOW TUNES.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FMA is supposedly back again, under a different bill number. Those pesky Republicans keep hammering away at our homophobia. This time, it is in the House under "H.J. 56". Go to the House's way of tracking this information and type in the bill to find its location. So far, it has merely been introduced to the House, back in May, but Americans United for Separation of Church and State believe it will be voted upon in the upcoming weeks.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Search Popdex: